Cloud Data Engineer / Architect
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, LeuvenSoftware
miDiagnostics released its first product, an ultra-fast PCR test, into the market. This market introduction means rapid organization scaling and supporting the international growth ambitions of the company. For the further development of the Software team, miDiagnostics is looking for a Cloud Data Engineer / Architect.
Join us on our exciting journey to enable the next generation of lab-on-a-chip diagnostics.
As our Cloud Data Engineer/ Architect, you will serve as the top level technical expert and visionary, responsible for the solution architecture, design and implementation of governance and developer enablement of cloud services. We are looking for a Cloud Data Engineer/Architect with a solid background and experience in the entire AWS ecosystem.
In this position you architect, design and engineer solutions that underpin our commercial point of care solutions, related to clinical result exchange.
- Define and implement internal data platform used for our internal and external studies and experiments;
- Optimize the current S3 storage solution, and optimize the cost related to storage, tiered access, data retention and backup;
- Define and implement secure networking solutions between on-premise data servers and AWS;
- Monitor AWS components for availability, performance, reliability, security, efficiency, and with the goals to meet non-functional requirements and service level agreements;
- Support security audits, accreditation and certification processes, and obtain approval to operate for cloud-based system architectures;
- Develop and maintain software solutions/scripts to support automation of cloud configuration and administration;
- Develop and maintain our CI/CD pipelines;
- Act as data- and infrastructure liaison between all internal groups related to software engineering, data science and instrumentation infrastructure.
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience with the entire AWS ecosystem, with a deep understanding of Infra-as-Code solutions;
- Knowledge of Kubernetes/Docker;
- Knowledge of Tableau;
- Strong cloud engineering skills;
- A thorough understanding of and experience in the IVD/medical industry is mandatory;
- Experience operating within the IEC62304 norm is recommended;
- Knowledge of Python;
- Strong communication skills, with the experience of navigating throughout the entire organizational hierarchy, dealing with both technical as well as organizational and regulatory considerations;
- An excellent knowledge of English is a must (spoken and written); Knowledge of Dutch is an asset;
- You feel comfortable in a start-up environment and you can easily switch from one task to another;
- You appreciate working in an open space amongst enthusiastic, multidisciplinary and international colleagues;
- Our offices are located in Leuven (Belgium). Relocation to Belgium is needed. It is essential that you hold entitlement to work and live in Belgium.