Field Application Specialist
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, LeuvenManufacturing and Supply Chain
With the launch of our rapid COVID 19 PCR test, we are currently seeking a Field Application Specialist to join our rapidly expanding Supply Chain team. You will be a crucial player in defining and building out our supply chain activities now that we are moving from a research focused organization into a commercial organization.
As our Field Application Specialist, you will be responsible for the Customer Experience while making business with miDIAGNOSTICS.
Responsibilities will include:
- Is responsible for application-related (hardware, test card, assays, reagents, software, GUI, data…) customer service for the miDiagnostics product portfolio;
- Acts as 1st line support and as a direct contact person for application inquiries from our customers (airports, pharmacies…);
- Is responsible for application support with the aim of ensuring the availability of the systems and the quality of results at our customers’ sites;
- Supports customers in the field to troubleshoot problems connected to our products or the maintenance thereof with primary task to maximize remote issue resolution;
- Ensures most relevant escalation of most complex technical issues beyond standard resolution processes;
- Responsible for customer training and installation of systems;
- Supports the sales & marketing team with his/her knowledge;
- Understands, complies and monitors our service processes and overall product/system quality via KPI’s;
- May update technical documentation to fill potential gaps;
- Support in the overall set-up of the Customer Care team from a technical perspective: ensure first line support is guaranteed and step-in when necessary, collaborate to set-up of the necessary customer support processes, protocols and client training materials, interact with the different internal teams to assemble the right information for our customer service;
- Support Customer order processing through miDiagnostics ERP system, working with both internal miDiagnostics contacts and external customers to ensure fulfilment of all order elements for on-time delivery;
- Manage customer product and non-product complaints to their full resolution.
- Master degree in Engineering (mechanical/electrical/medical technology) or natural sciences (biology, chemistry, medicine...)
- Min. 3 years of professional experience in a customer facing activity, such as Customer Service (field/inhouse), or Customer Care in a commercial business in a market led economy;
- Ability to develop processes as well as follow specific instructions while exercising initiative, independence and flexibility as appropriate;
- Good knowledge of the IVD market as well as in-depth scientific knowledge and the product and market environment;
- Ability to quickly analyze problems and present adequate solutions;
- Used to work in projects and experience in project management;
- Thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment, acts as a real entrepreneur;
- Excellent customer interacting skills (oral/written); ability to manage customer experience and navigate customers towards mutually beneficial solutions;
- Personal organisation skills, capable of handling conflicting priorities and getting things done;
- Team work is a must while ensuring follow up on individual responsibility;
- Strong software and computer skills;
- Language skills: English as well as at least one of the following languages : Dutch, French and German;
- Strong listening skills , ability to deal with difficult situations/concerned customers;
- You appreciate working in an open space amongst enthusiastic, multidisciplinary and international colleagues;
- You are prepared to travel if needed for the job (national and international). Travel to customer sites can be up to 50%.
- Our offices are located in Leuven (Belgium). Relocation to Belgium is needed. It is essential that you hold entitlement to work and live in Belgium.