Lead Silicon Processing
We are looking for an experienced engineer
with expertise in managing semiconductor products from a prototype stage to high-volume production.
In this role, we expect you, as our Lead Silicon Processing, to:
- Manage and steer the entire qualification process of the nanoFluidic Processor, including silicon chip and the nano-fluidic package
- Manage the transfer of the silicon manufacturing technology process to a tier-1 fabless foundry partner
- Define and execute on the production test strategy and its implementation
- Support field returns: analyse and root cause of defects returned from the field or manufacturing
- Define and execute silicon to package interface including necessary nano-fluidics components
- Manage supply chain manufacturing partners (technology, capacity, support, cost and quality)
- Collaborate within the larger miDiagnostics product development team and cascade production (test) requirements into silicon device architectures
- Manage and work collaboratively with R&D, foundry, packaging and test partners to develop product manufacturing flow(s), with a focus on manufacturability, reliability, cost and yield
- Define and analyse in-line and end-of-line metrology and characterization data to drive decision making and prioritization
- Manage timeline and resources according to agreed development plan
- Clearly communicate towards product development team, senior management, technical partners and suppliers regarding technical status, issues, and planning
- Adapt quickly to new technical challenges or business requirements
- Work efficiently in a multidisciplinary environment with engineers and scientists focusing on design, systems and applications aspects
You will collaborate closely with internal Hardware design teams to ensure production requirements are incorporated in the product design at inception. You will also drive characterization of the product and production test methodology and its implementation. You are capable of building and analysing complex integration flows involving either CMOS or MEMS process steps.
You will have deep engagement with external supply chain partners, including foundry, assembly and test.
- You have a master’s or preferably a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field
- You have at least 10 years of working experience in multiple silicon process engineering areas and yield improvement in a semiconductor foundry or IDM
- You bring the experience to qualify a silicon product and apply industry-standard processes (i.e. JEDEC)
- You are familiar with silicon process technology and manufacturing, where expertise in MEMS technologies is a significant plus.
- You have a proven track record of managing complex silicon products through industry-standard qualification flows, including silicon and package reliability requirements.
- Experience in packaging technology is a plus.
- You have experience in managing a small on-site engineering team, external contractors, and multiple international Tier 1 supply chain partners
- You show a hands-on approach with excellent engineering and project management skills
- You are able to take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team
- You have excellent communication skills
- Experience in collaborating within a multidisciplinary team including design, system and application engineers and biologists is essential.
- An excellent knowledge of English is a must (spoken and written)
- You feel comfortable in a start-up environment and you can easily switch from one task to another
- You appreciate working in an open space amongst enthusiastic, multidisciplinary and international colleagues