R&D Scientist - Microfluidics
As our R&D Scientist - Microfluidics, you will be part of our Testing Team.
You will be leading test activities involved with transitioning test prototypes into market-ready products. You will focus on the testing of disposable part of the system and its components. Experimental design as well as data processing and interpretation are your core responsibilities and interests. You will be expected to report according to high scientific standards and write documentation compliant with ISO 13485.
- Plan / design studies for the development, evolution and optimization of prototypes and product(s) within well-defined boundary conditions and timelines
- Focus will be on fluidics and functional testing of prototypes and components.
- Execute studies, analyse data, summarize/present results and write study reports independently
- Participate in identifying/trouble shooting experimental issues and recommending solutions
- Find solutions to problems in a creative and scientifically sound way
- Maintain well organized laboratory notebooks and documentation in compliance with relevant procedures and regulations
- Liaising within the organisation and with external partner
- You have a MSc or PhD degree in biomedical sciences, chemistry, physics, mechanical engineering, biomedical or bioscience engineering, or other equivalent discipline
- You can lead independently several research work packages simultaneously
- 3 to 5 years of industrial experience in R&D in IVD, biotech or medical devices is required
- Proficiency in experimental analysis, data processing and data visualisation is required
- Knowledge of at least one of the following or similar tools used for data processing and analysis: R, Matlab, Python, Minitab, JMP
- Experience in medical point-of-care diagnostics device development is a strong plus
- Experience in DOE is a strong plus
- Experience in microfluidics is a plus
- Hands-on and resourceful problem solver is a must
- Attention to detail, works in a structured and methodological way
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Eager to learn novel concepts and technologies
- Fluent in English; knowledge of Dutch is an asset
- Our offices are located in Leuven (Belgium). Relocation to Belgium is needed.
- You feel comfortable in a start-up environment and you can easily switch from one project to another
- You appreciate working in an open space amongst enthusiastic, multidisciplinary, and international colleagues