Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, LeuvenAssay Development
The Assay development team focuses on creating innovative molecular diagnostic product modules for sample processing, target isolation and detection.
You’ll be part of a dynamic, multicultural and science driven team and involved in multiple projects applying molecular, cell and microbiology methodologies.
The Assay development team stands at the interface between samples and silicon technology helping translating biochemical variables in analytical measurements.
As our Senior Scientist, you will:
- Lead research projects on sample characterization and preparation, target isolation and purification
- Coordinate iterative development of innovative molecular diagnostic modules (extraction, amplification, detection)
- Ensure effective communication with silicon chip designers and process engineers
- Coordinate assay-hardware interface activities and data integration
- Design and validate methods for quality control, scale up and transfer
- Accountable for timely work packages delivery, data quality, SOPs, reports and safety documentation according to ISO standards
- PhD degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of industrial experience in biotechnology, molecular diagnostics or molecular microbiology
- Experience with mammalian, bacterial and viral cultures, extraction and nucleic acid processing
- Experience with molecular detection technologies (PCR, LAMP, NGS)
- Experience with sample isolation and novo assay design and development
- A thorough understanding of chemistries related to nucleic acids extraction on solid phases
- Expertise in design of experiment and statistical data analysis
- Experience in microfluidics is a strong plus
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to thrive and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly multi-tasking environment
- Strong organizational skills, proactivity, scientific curiosity with keen interest in novel technologies for molecular diagnostics
- Strong communicator and planner: proven experience with steering cross-functional teams, coaching junior scientists and coordinate lab experiments performed by research assistants is mandatory
- Experience with IVD development and knowledge of regulatory context (IVDR and FDA) and intellectual property is required
- Manage third party collaborations and scout for new technologies and partners
- Capability to work in a cross-functional and multi-cultural team
- Demonstrated innovative, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Interaction with and support to the Project Managers.
- Team player, enthusiastic, accurate in execution and reporting
- You’re entitled to live and work in Belgium