Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a senior Software Engineer for the software team to help us bring our product and technical vision to life.
As a Software Engineer you join the team as a full stack developer
implementing various functionalities for our point of care solutions.
You will be responsible for the implementation, testing and documentation of our applications. Your main assignment will be to productize functionalities that will run on various platforms such as laptop, mobile devices and also in the cloud.
Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain key software specifications.
- Help create and maintain key documentation relevant for regulatory approvals
- Implement, test and document software (sub)systems.
- Interface with various external partners on system-level integration topics, API design etc.
- Contribute to the roadmap definition of software developments.
You will be part of a growing multi-disciplinary engineering team consisting of researchers, developers, electronics engineers, optical engineers, biophysicists, fluidic designers, clinical lab personnel and many more.
Join us on our exciting journey to enable the next generation of lab-on-a-chip diagnostics!
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent through experience
- The ideal candidate has solid experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle as a software developer within the context of high-tech product development in a heavily regulated medical environment.
- Furthermore, you are a seasoned professional, and share our passion for building solutions that will shape the next generation of diagnostical solutions.
- Proven full stack software development experience. At least 5 years of experience
- Experience in the IVD/medical industry is mandatory.
- Expert Python knowledge and coaching skills are mandatory .
- Knowledge of any additional programming language such as C++ is considered a plus.
- Experience with various relevant Python frameworks such as NumPy, SciPy, and OpenCV
- Experience using UI coding frameworks such as Qt.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and REST APIs
- Deep understanding of databases and SQL
- Ability to manoeuvre a complex landscape of technologies and competing goals.
- Understanding of agile software development principles, and how to apply them within a regulated context.
- Very strong analytical and planning skills.
- Detail-oriented, result-focused, and quality-driven.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing as in speech
- Fluency in English
- You feel comfortable in a start-up environment and you can easily switch from one task to another
- You appreciate working in an open space amongst enthusiastic, multidisciplinary and international colleagues