Software Test Engineer
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, LeuvenSoftware
We are looking for a skilled & experienced Software Test Engineer to join our Software team.
As a Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for evaluating software functions and designing test protocols to ensure that products work as intended. You will also be responsible for completing all testing procedures, suggesting performance changes, and preparing performance reports for the development managers.
To ensure success as a Software Test Engineer, you should have advanced knowledge of software design and engineering, a good eye for detail, and a natural gift for software troubleshooting. A skilled test engineer should be able to identify even the smallest flaw in software designs and requirements and suggest simple yet effective fixes.
Software Test Engineer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with development managers to discuss software specifications and controls;
- Using the software as intended to analyze its functional properties;
- Providing quality reviews;
- Generating great quality incident/reports;
- Designing manual and automated test procedures to evaluate each software product;
- Building, coding, and implementing software evaluation test programs;
- Creating and maintaining testing procedures to a high standard;
- Test execution;
- Presenting test progress to management and suggesting software fixes.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar field or extensive proven work experience as a Software Test Engineer;
- In-depth knowledge of Test and ALMs or Test Management Tools;
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification is mandatory;
- Experience in working within controlled environment with strict regulations – Safety Critical, military, Medical etc.. – is a real asset;
- You have a genuine passion and interest for Testing/Engineering;
- Advanced knowledge of debugging codes and software development languages;
- Experience working with popular operating systems including Windows and Linux;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to analyze the testability of requirements;
- Excellent software troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to design and write complex software testing procedures at speed;
- Having experience on embedded software is a plus;
- An excellent knowledge of English is a must (spoken and written); Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
- You feel comfortable in a start-up environment and you can easily switch from one task to another;
- You appreciate working in an open space amongst enthusiastic, multidisciplinary and international colleagues;
- It is essential that you hold entitlement to work and live in Belgium.